Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is looking for a Remington 660 Stock. This is NOT the Laminated Stock, just the regular, old ordinary 660 Wooden Stock with the Black Nose and Grip Cap.

He bought a .308 660 at an auction and it has a Laminated Stock on it. Since 660's only came in Laminated for Magnum Calibers, he wants a correct stock for a .308.

He does NOT want to sell the Laminated Stock or trade it for a correct stock. He only wants the regular factory stock for a .308 660.

He doesn't want an after market stock, a repro stock, or a synthetic stock. He also does NOT seek a stock for a Remington Model 600. (they are different)

He knows the odds of finding one, but he asked me to ask you anyway. I thought I found him one a while ago but the seller reneged at the last minute.

Thanks.

P.S. If I do not answer any responses, PM me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
he has one of the last one's out of the factory .
its going to be rough i have a few rem 600 stocks the rem 660's are hard to find those are the ones i like
but just keep looking you might find one hopefully it hasnt been cut or modded
but i know you dont need one but if he needs one to hunt with i have a rem 600 birch id let go
good luck
chris

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xpppcbr said:
he has one of the last one's out of the factory .
its going to be rough i have a few rem 600 stocks the rem 660's are hard to find those are the ones i like
but just keep looking you might find one hopefully it hasnt been cut or modded
but i know you dont need one but if he needs one to hunt with i have a rem 600 birch id let go
good luck
chris
Are you saying that Remington put Laminated stocks on non-magnum caliber 660 rifles towards the end of the run?

·
Registered
84 Posts
yep they sure did i used to have a 243 with a lam stock but it didnt have the recoil pad just the plastic one and i had the box and it came that way. they just stuck them on the 243 308 6mm models
i wish i still had the 243 but traded it tword a 6.5 mag , but if he is keeping it just get another stock to hunt with , but i hunt with my 350 mag 660 i was going to change but just couldnt do it

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xpppcbr said:
yep they sure did i used to have a 243 with a lam stock but it didnt have the recoil pad just the plastic one and i had the box and it came that way. they just stuck them on the 243 308 6mm models
i wish i still had the 243 but traded it tword a 6.5 mag , but if he is keeping it just get another stock to hunt with , but i hunt with my 350 mag 660 i was going to change but just couldnt do it
My friend is a big Remington fan, and he is quite the proponent of the 600 and 660. He has an extensive collection of 600's (including Mohawks) and 660's. I usually see him every saturday night at the gun club and I told him what you said and the first thing he said was "I didn't know that". But he did know that some magnums came through with regular walnut stocks from the factory. To which I said "then it is entirely possible that Remington put standard calibers in laminated stocks towards the end of the run to get rid of both at the same time".

He agrees.

He wanted the laminated stock to have as a spare for his magnums. He bought the .308 at an auction, just for the stock. He wanted the walnut stock for the .308 because he thought all standard calibers only came in walnut.

So now he has two problems... He still seeks a laminated stock as a spare for his magnums, and now he has a .308 that came out of the factory with a laminated stock, which if he changes it to walnut, takes away from the value.

·
Registered
84 Posts
LOL i to collect those super awsome rifles and yes the mags did come with walnut also there is one listed on one of the auction sites cant say for sure without the box documents but yes i have herd of this too .
well he's in a spot since ebay has stopped all gun part sales there going to be very hard to come by now just going to have to keep a eye out and like you have done put the word out your looking for one and it just depends on who has it as a asking price . i bought one on ebay for 90$ shipped but i did see one on there go for 350$ crazy but it someone really wants it i guess they will pay a crazy price i was lucky
hopefully he can be to , im glad someone else has a strong passion for these guns like i do

chris

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He has more than one of each caliber in the 600 and 660...

Except the .223.

I tried to get him interested in the 673, but so far they didn't catch his eye.

I knew that ebay stopped all gun parts after that massacre in Virginia. I guess that bonehead got magazines from ebay. So ebay took it out on everybody.

Thanks for all the info you supplied about those 660's.

I think I will try a few gun auction sites and see what they have. Other than that, I will try here every other month or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts