Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need 100 for our 357 Max deer season loads. Have small and larger pistol primers will trade.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If not loaded at the top end, and you run out of avenues, I would try a small pistol primer in the max and see how it looks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If not loaded at the top end, and you run out of avenues, I would try a small pistol primer in the max and see how it looks.
We have been using small pistol magnum primers for the last two years with no problems. I was just worried because every forum says "use only srm primers". So I thought this season we would try to get some. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,457 Posts
ABDF= ain't broke don't fix ;) Kurt

·
Registered
559 Posts
Good deal. I used SR in mine because I had them. But have heard of plenty of guys using SP. So, at least you will be set with what you have on hand if needed.

Hearing more and more guys having trouble finding ammo or components, especially with hunting season right around the corner. Anybody in their right mind should know the ammo chain is bleak to say the least, and should have been working on their stockpile before now. Also, I still hear guys blasting away locally. OMG, are you kidding? I am well stocked and will never run out in my lifetime, because I am cautious with todays situation and only shoot a few times to verify or build a load. Luckily everything has an established load already. So any shots now are just letting junior stay loose before youth season.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Out this way finding them is not the issue, especially what you are want to trade them for. The issue is most are over $150 a brick or $15 a card

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Out this way finding them is not the issue, especially what you are want to trade them for. The issue is most are over $150 a brick or $15 a card
Yeah, here they are 200 brick and 25 a card. I have several thou, but have never needed SR before. I am going to a gun show in two weeks to find a trade.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ABDF= ain't broke don't fix ;) Kurt
Yep, because we are using an SB1 frame I only load the revolver data which is 40K or less. So that is probably why the primes are doing fine. If we find an SB2 frame I will load to TC levels.

·
Premium Member
4,457 Posts
Back during the crisis of 2010 I bought 10K of these so I would not run out for my PDog guns I have loaded 204 223 22-250AI .380 9mm I think the only well used guns I haven't used them in is my 1911 and my .41 Mag. and .32 H&R Mag. Box says for rifle ,Pistol Or Revolver have never had a primer issue with them and I'm down to about 4200 I think. At the time I bought them I thought the price was fair. Kurt
Font Ingredient Drinkware Cuisine Event

·
Premium Member
4,457 Posts
I thought the same thing so when I loaded for the .380 and 9mm I only loaded 2 clips each at first have since loaded several hundred for inventory. I load my H&R .32mag R73 revolver with 6 1/2 Remington exact same load for my H&R .32 Mag stubbed rifle . I have loaded 20 rounds with the Zapalky but have not shot them yet. Kurt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts