Graybeard Outdoors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I have an almost new (with box) SB2 .357 mag handi-rifle, (serial starts with HY23).... it is the extractor type, 22" regular taper barrel, with black synthetic stock and fore end, has the factory weaver rail... IN TRADE for a heavy barrel .223 either synthetic or wood will do. I am in the area of Carlisle, Pennsylvania, in case someone local would be interested. See pics: (by almost new I mean condition....it was new in 2008) "quickdtoo" is correct about the marking on the right side of receiver, in my one attachment it clearly shows that note about not using other than .357 or .44 on this receiver. The box it came in is marked SB1S35 and then the serial number below. Only the factory barrel on this rifle has SB2 on it.....why I dunno? that's just the way it came from new with the .357 magnum which is what I bought....
Paul

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
51,500 Posts
Re: WTT like NIB .357mag handi for .223hvybbl

2008> 357Mag Handis came on an SB1 frame, the barrel marking means nothing. If it has the warning shown below on the right side of the frame, it's an SB1. Just want to make sure everyone is on the same page here. ;)

Tim

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
51,500 Posts

PaperPunch1 said:
Only the factory barrel on this rifle has SB2 on it.....why I dunno?
Because they never changed their roll marking dies, the 357 and 44 mags used to come on SB2 frames as did all centerfire rifle chamberings from 1987-2007, 2008 was the first year of departure from that practice, they never did change the markings on those barrels right up to the end if production earlier this year AFAIK. :-\

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts

I have a desirable 20" slim contour 223 barrel I will trade you. It has a scope mount already on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

BDO, thanks for the pics via email....it looks like the same type as my .357 as it is synthetic stock. The condition looks as good as mine as well. If you want to do the trade, I'm ok with it....let me know if you agree.
Where are you located?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.