Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Is this barrel only or complete gun ? Is it cap or flint ?
TC never made to the best of my knowledge a 58 Hawken . The 58 was made for the BIG BORE & RENEGADE both in cap and flint , barrels are marked that way .The 58 will drop in to the Hawken 1" channel though without any real problems .
30Herrett

·
Registered
5 Posts
30HERRETT said:
TC never made to the best of my knowledge a 58 Hawken . The 58 was made for the BIG BORE & RENEGADE both in cap and flint , barrels are marked that way .The 58 will drop in to the Hawken 1" channel though without any real problems .
30Herrett
Thompson did make Hawkens in 58 cal. I have one I bought about 30 years ago. Its a flintlock.

George

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The TC 54 is a complete caplock gun and I'm after any good+ condition Hawken 58 or TC Bigboar 58.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
30HERRETT said:
30Herrett
you can still get a tc hawken in .58 percusion or flint from fox ridge outfiters
bernie :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Green Mountain barrels in 58 cal are available...32" with 1:70 twist, $224 @ Green Mtn, $179 @ Track of The Wolf, or $168 @ Midway.

Fox Ridge barrels in 58 cal are (were) available...28" with 1:48 and 26" with 1:48 @ $175

I have purchased the 58 cal from both manufacturers and I am happy with both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts