Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all was wandering if you could help me out.. My father is lookin to get sell his Colt WWI collector 45s.. These are a 4 gun set with matchin serials all in a seperate case that has a battle scene on the case's as well.. These guns have never been shot all have differnet style grips and if i rember correctly have a differnet emblem on the grips as well.. The question is does any one know how much these guns are worth? If you need more info on them let me no and i will call him for it.. Thanks

grizz

·
Registered
381 Posts
These are nice pre-Series 70 Colt Commemoratives from the 1968-1969 era. There were two different grades offered at the time, plus you could get the WWII series with the same number. Assuming you have the standard grade WWI series, I think these are worth $650 to $850 each, depending on how fast you want to sell. I've seen as high as $900 for a single one, but do not think the seller found a buyer at that price.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,

Thanks for the reply.. After speakin with my dad he decided its not worth sellin them unless he gets at the least 1000 each for them.. So for now he is gonna hold on to them.. But if you happen to know anyone that would want them for that price let me no and i can always ask.. But since you seen 900 for a high so far chances aint good to get rid of them anytime soon lol... Thanks

grizz

·
Registered
381 Posts
"Gun List" may be the place to sell them, or at least see what folks are asking for similiar sets. They list guns for sale by manufacturer, including calling out commemoratives separately. That is where I've seen the Colt WWI and WWII series, among others. I had the six gun set at one time, and I paid $600 each about five years ago. Sold them about two years ago as it tied up too much of my hobby money in items I could not shoot. For info on "Gun List," see:
http://www.collect.com/interest/periodical.asp?Pub=GL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts