Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading, and I can't find the thread, that the 38-55 bore is oversize. I think it was .379 if I recall correctly. Another remnant of memory is that the chamber is too tight to chamber bullets sized to .380 or .379 and the chamber needed to be reamed.
Is all this correct?
If so where does one find a reamer or does it need to be sent someplace to have it done? Can you rent a reamer? I'd like to get my 38-55 shooting.
Thanks for the assistance.

·
Super Moderator
51,154 Posts
Neck reaming is the answer for those that need it, but Handirifle's didn't need it, so it's possible yours is ok. You won't know until you try loading .379"-.380" bullets. The thread below names a smith that will do the reaming, otherwise, you'll have to contact Fred at 4D to see if he has the reamer, click the GBO logo in the upper right corner of any page to see the 4D website on the sponsor list.

Tim

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,110596.msg1098335173.html#msg1098335173

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much thats what I was looking for.
One other question. How do you find all these threads? I use the google search and basically find it useless. Is there a better way so I don't have to ask so many redundant questions?

·
Super Moderator
51,154 Posts
Lots of them are listed in the FAQs, but there's no real search yet, just the google until the new servers get online which will be soon I hope. ;)

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts