Graybeard Outdoors banner

Zebra

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Sweet 6.5 
#1 ·

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Darn Sweet! Good to see ya! ;D Have you gone over to all bow hunting? ???

#3 ·
i could never shoot a regular bow, i may take up crossbow hunting. eastbank.

Attachments

#4 ·
Good to be back! No I still shoot my 300wm and I turned my 6.5x55 into a Ackley Improved. This year work interfered with my hunting. (not complaining, always good to have work). I have a hunt planed in the next month and that will be with the 300. I will come and write a nice story about the hunt. On the menu either a kudu, eland or blue wildebeest.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

#7 ·
how about all three? eastbank.

Attachments

#8 ·
Nice Eland and great shot on the kudu! That eland is what I have in mind for my next hunt, although
that amount of meat is a nightmare to handle. The one bwb is the first one with my 300 and the other
one was the first and only one with the bow. This was my second warthog with the bow.
Oh and this zebra is a Hartmann's zebra that I hunted in Namibia.

Attachments

#9 ·
i have been blessed with four hunting trips in africa and have made true friends. there is no place on earth like it. biggest worthog out of five. eastbank.

Attachments

#11 ·
to hunt here(usa) is very expensive most times, a friend went on a one week new mexico elk hunt and it cost him over 6000 US dollars. he did shoot a nice elk tho. my last african hunt cost 4300 US dollars, that was for every thing, air fare, 13 animals and food+lodging from june 26-july 16. we are going on a prong horn hunt the first week in oct. out west, the license for one prong horn was 286 US dollars and its a long drive, i think i,ll have over 1000 US dollars in that hunt and it may be more. i,ll go to arfica as long as my health will allow, i,m still in good health. but as i,m close to 73 you never know what tomorrow may bring. as my children are all grown and set in life and my wife has all the money she will need, im going hunting. as a good friend who has since passed used to say,(there is no roof rack or trailed hitch on a hearsh) eastbank.

Attachments

#12 ·
Ok - it is even more expensive than what I thought!! I had the same discussion with my brother over the weekend.
We have to do the things we want to do while we can. Life changes so fast. But, with the exchange rate I will never
be able to afford a hunt on your side of the world. I will work towards that buffalo of mine. I also have to exercise
more, this office job and hunting buffalo doesn't go hand in hand.

In the meantime I will go and look for that eland(or kudu or bwbeest) next week if all goes according to plan. I will
come give you guys an update. I will use the 300WM loaded with PPU 170gr GROM bullets loaded at a moderate 2810fps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.