Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got out to shoot my Zouave, and boy does it shoot high. 12 inches at 25 yards. Not even on paper at 50. I was shooting 75g of 2F, trying to flatten out the trajectory, but it didnt workout. It is a nice gun to shoot, but I could use some suggestions on lowering the POI.

The front sight was filed down to a nub, so Im thinking that Ill have to build it up. JB Weld??? Any Ideas? The rear sight is pretty short to drill out for a peep, so I was also thinking of cutting a deeper notch into it. Id hate to ruin it though.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Kb

·
Registered
739 Posts
I had the same problem with my Zouave. I filed off the front sight. I got a piece of silver, from a ring, and soldered it on. I made sure it was too high. Then I fired a few test shots, filed it down until it was right. Also that silver gave a nice contrast, between the black rear sight, and the dark deer.
You could build it up with JB Weld.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I filed my front sight flat. Got a 4-40 brass nut and a couple of one inch 4-40 machine screws. Used my drill and a file to make the nut round (kind of cone shaped actually) and soldered it to the flat front sight. Now I can change the height of the sight by screwing in different lengths of 4-40 machine screw shafts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts